So you’ve decided to step into the world of marketing with promotional product ideas. This is a move that can very easily skyrocket your business to new heights, but if done wrong, it could also harm your business’s reputation. Fortunately, with these quick and easy do’s and don’ts of promotional product use, you’ll come out looking sharp and marketing-savvy.
- Do put your brand or logo in a noticeable (but not obnoxious) location on each product you’re handing out. You want potential customers to recognize your brand, and slapping that logo on your products will do the trick.
- Don’t be too cheap. This affects you twofold. Firstly, cheap promotional product ideas make your business itself look cheap by association. Secondly, a product can’t advertise once it’s broken, and cheap products tend to break very easily.
- Do stick to your budget, however. You don’t want a cheap product, so you may need to cut down on the number of different promotional product ideas you choose in order to keep things affordable.
- Don’t use clothing as a promotional tool. Even a one-size-fits-all rarely actually fits all in this day and age, and even if you carry a small, medium, and large, you’re still going to run into potential customers who are both too small and too large for the clothing you’re using to promote.
- Do keep your audience in mind. The promotional product ideas you choose should be aimed at the people you’re looking to promote to. You don’t want to make the mistake of handing out beer-koozies in front of a day care. Also, items handed out in the vicinity of children should be child-proofed if at all possible.
- Don’t hand out hygiene products. Unless you’re a dentist, this is likely to give recipients mixed emotions, leaving them to wonder if it’s a jab at their own personal hygiene.
- Do use colors that catch the eye, both in your logo and in the promotional product ideas themselves. If it stands out to your potential client, they’ll be more liable to want to take one home.
All in all, it comes down to knowing exactly when and how to appeal to your specific target customers. With these tips, some good promotional product ideas, and a savvy for today’s advertising market, your business will see a leap in popularity in no time at all.